Who regulates BCIN designers?

The Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH) in Ontario.

Any person carrying out design activities to the public must be a registered BCIN designer with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.

When you go to the Municipality to get a building permit, you MUST submit drawings that have been prepared by a current BCIN designer/firm. If you don't, the municipality will not issue you a building or septic permit. As an alternate, the Ministry does allow property owners to do their own drawings. These drawings are still subjected to the same scrutiny as a designer submission and must adhere to Ontario Building Code requirements.